Interior decorating refers to the art of making an interior space more aesthetically pleasing and functionally useful. Though the exterior of a building can sometimes be included in interior decorating, the term generally refers to the interior design. Anyone who has ever decorated a home or office has done Interior Designing. It's a popular topic of many home and garden entertainment television shows.
The program is sought after by someone who has an eye for detail, and wants to learn the finer aspects of interior design. Interior designing is a fast growing professional field. The real estate and construction industry play a vital role in its growth. Interior Design is a very expressive art and requires designers to have innovative ideas and creative inputs.
What You Learn
EXINIANS are trained on the following aspects:-
- The interdisciplinary module lays stress on methodological and technical approach.
- The program equips the learner with an understanding of various interior styles.
- The program helps the student to understand furnishings and materials
- It helps them to get acquainted with the art and science of creating harmony with textures and patterns.
- The learners will understand the evolving landscape of interior design and take account of the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics
- The program provides students with a platform to showcase their latent creative skills
- The students are encouraged to develop creative, artistic approach towards interior design.
- Regular industry interaction with experts and opportunity to participate in exhibitions helps in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the field.
- The students will be able to conceptualize and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
How You Learn
EXINIANS are taught the following-
History of Interior Design
- Introduction / Significance
- Importance of Furniture Design for Interiors
- Ancient Age / Middle Age / Contemporary
- Research Project
- Free Hand Drawing Lines, Curves, Waves
- Compositions in pencils, Colours and pasting
- 3D Compostion: Isometric and Axonometric
- Still life
- Furniture Sketching
- Object drawing with colour Rendering
- Interior elements, Lighting, plants etc
- Colour wheel
- Rendering in ink
- Interior Finishes (B/W and colour)
- Interior rendering and stubbing
- Stained Glass
- Use of Scale
- Solid Geometry
- Perspective, Axonometric Isometric drawing
Interior Design (Basic)
- Introduction to concept of ID
- Planning of Interior Space and circulation
- Residential project (Each Room to be dealt with individually and in detail
- Principles of Hotel of Hotel interiors (Each project to have preliminary study report
Elements of Design
- Interior Design as a Visual Art
- Elements of Design
- Accessories and their significance
- Project Analysis and Design Development
- Design source
- Interior space and flow chart
Skills You Learn
EXINIANS are taught how to plan, design and supervise the construction of commercial, industrial, retail and residential building interiors. Particular emphasis is laid on space creation, space planning, and factors that enhance living and working environments. They are provided a high level of computer skills. They are taught to be proficient in computer-aided drawing (CAD) software, and design software such as Photoshop and In Design, as well as MS Office.
The following skills are nurtured:-
- Imagination and artistic flair
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good colour sense and an eye for detail
- An aptitude for illustration and technical drawing
- To demonstrate flexibility in their approach to tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- An understanding of building construction.
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Environmental Designer
- Residential Interior Designer
- Retail Interior Designer
Duration of the Course: 1 year
Interested candidates must have appeared/passed the CBSE/ISCE/ISC/Regional Board (or any other equivalent board) 10+2 examination in any discipline. Candidates who have recently appeared for the examination and are awaiting their results may also apply
We, at EXIN follow the following evaluation procedures for admission to its various courses. Candidates have to undergo: The admission procedure to various courses at EXIN follows the method of:
1. An admission test.
2. An all-inclusive interview.